Applications Being Accepted For Duluth Community Parks and Recreation Funds
If you're in a community group or organization interested in a developing a project designed to enhance and improve Duluth parks and recreations, then now is the time to submit your application for available grant money.
According to the City of Duluth, the funds are available through the Duluth Community Parks and Recreation Program fund. Grant awards may range from $500 - $5,000 per request. The City has partnered with the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation to manage and administer this grant program.
All proposed projects must:
- Take place entirely or primarily on existing recognized units of Duluth’s parks, recreation, and trails system
- Support the mission of Duluth’s Parks and Recreation Division to fulfill the essential recreational, educational, cultural, and environmental needs that create a dynamic community
- Encourage both financial and volunteer efforts
Priority is given to projects that support one or more of the following key elements of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan:
- Improve the quality of existing parks (especially neighborhood parks)
- Have fewer, but higher quality recreation buildings
- Enhance stewardship of natural resources
- Focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways
- Expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering
- Increase use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups
The application deadline is October 1. Follow the link below to get more information and begin the application process.