Celebrate Minnesota’s North Shore October 20 in Schroeder
This Saturday, October 20, take the scenic 90-minute drive to Schroeder, Minnesota for the annual Sugarloaf open house.
According to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the Sugarloaf Northshore Stewardship Association will be holding their annual open house at the Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This is a great chance to celebrate Minnesota’s north shore and learn about its unique geology, climate and more. The open house includes a series of scheduled naturalist talks and there's also a scavenger hunt, scientific and natural area slideshow, water table and educational displays, games and self-guided walks.
Here is Saturday's schedule of events:
- 10:00 a.m. A look at bird banding with guided walk to Sugarloaf Point Scientific and Natural area
- 11:00 a.m. North Shore Geology walk
- Noon Scientific and Natural Areas: What, Where and Why
- 1:00 p.m. The Gales of Lake Superior
- 2:00 p.m. Plants of the North Shore Climate: Arctic relics to red oaks
Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center is located at 9096 State Highway 61 in Schroeder, Minnesota, 14 miles north of Tettegouche State Park.
Follow the link below for complete details.