Friday Is Prince Night At Target Field
While it’s Grandma’s Marathon weekend in the Northland, there are a lot of people hitting the road and heading out of town for some fun. The Minnesota Twins game would be a great Friday night alternative as it’s Prince Night at Target Field.
Prince Night will provide fans with the following festivities:
- The first 10,000 fans to Target Field will receive a limited edition “Purple Rain” umbrella, pictured above.
- Immediately following the seventh inning stretch, fans in possession of the Purple Rain umbrella will remain standing and open the umbrella for a special moment in remembrance of Prince.
- Twins players and staff will wear a special Prince themed T-shirt during batting practice.
- The T-shirts will be auctioned off at twinsbaseball.com to benefit Achieve Minneapolis for music grants in Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Prince-themed fireworks will take place following the conclusion of the game against the defending AL Central champion Cleveland Indians.