Lake Superior Railroad Museum in Duluth Voted Best Transportation Museum In U.S.
10best.com, which is anchored by USA Today, has given the honor of 'Best Transportation Museum in the U.S.' to Lake Superior Railroad Museum right here in Duluth!
From the 'About Us' section of the the Lake Superior Railroad Museum website:
Housed in Duluth, Minnesota's Historic Union Depot, the Lake Superior Railroad Museum works in conjunction with the North Shore Scenic Railroad to offer one of the richest historic experiences in railroading available anywhere.
The beautiful French Chateauesque building was completed in 1892 and was a bustling hub of activity for much of the 20th century. In 1910, seven railroads dispatched over 50 trains a day from Duluth.
The Lake Superior Railroad Museum was voted the best by readers, and beat out other museums like the Union Pacific Railroad Museum and the National Automobile Museum. The full list can be seen below:
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum - Duluth, Minn.
- Simeone Automotive Foundation Museum - Philadelphia
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum - Council Bluffs, Iowa
- National Museum of the U.S. Air Force - Dayton, Ohio
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania - Strasburg, Penn.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum - Indianapolis
- Petersen Automotive Museum - Los Angeles
- National Automobile Museum - Reno
- Maritime Museum of San Diego - San Diego
- Illinois Railway Museum - Union, Illinois