Minnesota DNR Taking Applications For Deer Advisory Committee
If you're a Minnesotan looking to be actively involved in deer management, the Minnesota DNR invites you to apply to serve on a newly forming deer advisory committee.
According the the Department of Natural Resources, this committee will help to nurture the relationship between the public and the DNR.
The committee will:
- Represent the breadth of deer management interests
- Learn about and contribute to understanding biological, social and economic aspects of deer management, including stakeholder group perspectives (excluding population goal setting)
- Identify and inform DNR of significant deer management issues
- Facilitate dialogue between the public and DNR regarding issues
- Advise DNR on potential approaches to respond to issues
- Advise on effective and publicly acceptable deer policies, research and monitoring priorities, programs and regulations.
Membership on the committee will include representation from hunting organizations; unaffiliated hunting interests; non-hunting deer management values; and interests including agriculture forestry, conservation, environmental, public health, local governments and others. Tribal representatives will also be consulted.
If you're interested in being considered for the committee, follow the link below for complete details and to complete your application. The application deadline is February 8, 2019.