Wednesday Night at the Races Begins July 25 in Duluth; Get Schedule Here
Wednesday Night at the Races begins this Wednesday, July 25 in Duluth and all children 14 and under are invited to participate each and every week.
The Young Athletes Foundation and Grandma's Marathon host these free races each week in various locations across the Northland. Registration is always between 5:00 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. and the races begin at 6:00 p.m.
The July 25 event takes place at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
Here is the complete schedule, including locations:
- July 25: UMD Campus – James S. Malosky Stadium (University Drive)
- August 1: Denfeld High School – Public Schools Stadium (401 N. 45th Avenue W.)
- August 8: Proctor High School Track (131 N. 9th Avenue)
- August 15: Superior High School – NBC Spartan Sports Complex (2600 Catlin Avenue)
- August 22: Hermantown High School – Corey Veech Memorial Field (4335 Hawk Circle Drive)
- August 29: Wade Stadium (101 N. 35th Avenue W.) – Races followed by an end-of-the-season picnic.
Age categories and distances for boys and girls, which may change due to weather conditions, are as follows:
- Wheelchair division – 1/8 mile
- 4 & under – 1/8 mile
- 5 & 6 – 1/8 mile
- 7 & 8 – 1/4 mile
- 9 & 10 – 1/4 mile
- 11 & 12 – 1/2 mile
- 13 & 14 – 1/2 mile
All finishers receive a ribbon upon completion of their race. Prize drawings are held each week for all registered participants.
Bring the kids out every week for a little exercise and a lot of fun.