You Know You’re From Duluth If… [LIST]
I've had this list for quite some time, so some of the mentions might pertain to those that are a little more, "seasoned", but most are still fairly relative.
You might be from Duluth if...
- You talk about how good Duluth's water is.
- You have more than one vehicle that does not run properly.
- You keep a shovel in the back of your car, just in case.
- You get mad when you get stopped by the lift bridge.
- You know more than 1 person that has killed a deer without using a gun.
- You know where I-35 stars.
- You've ever licked frozen metal.
- You avoid Canal Park in the Summer.
- You know 5 people with the last name Anderson and none of them are related.
- You've had to turn both the furnace and AC on in August.
- You've ever bottomed out your car due to a pothole.
- One day there's no snow, the next day there's three feet.
- When giving directions, you say "go up here', or down here" instead of left or right.
- You've ever lost your boot in the snow and had to step around barefoot looking for it.
- You call Minneapolis and St. Paul "Da Cities".
- You know someone who has been stuck at work for 24 hours due to snow.
- Local doctors warn people not to shovel too much after a heavy snowstorm to avoid heart attacks.
- You can spot a tourist because they're feeding the seagulls.
- You break out the shorts as soon as the 40 degree weather hits after a long winter.
- You know all the words to the Christmas City of the North Parade Song.
- You've caught yourself saying " ya sure, you betcha."
- You wear a parka and shorts at the same time and no one questions your sanity.
- You have a secret fear that your brakes will suddenly go out while going down Lake Avenue.
- You remember hanging out at the House of Donuts and eating a bear claw at 2AM.
- You measure distance by time.
- You participated in the 6th grade Square Dance Festival at the DECC.
- You've ever skated at Saint's Roller Rink.
- You remember where the "multi-level lighted dance floor" bar was.
There were a lot more on this list, but if you have some you'd like to share feel free to list them in the comments below.