Celebrate Shark Week In Minnesota Beginning July 28
Minnesota may be the land of 10,000 lakes with no sharks, but that doesn't mean there isn't a place to celebrate Shark Week, July 28 - August 4.
SEA LIFE at Mall of America will have a lot going on during Shark Week, and all activities are included with the price of a general admission ticket.
There will be activities at the LEGO Sea Explorers attraction and at Shark Cove, which holds 500,000 gallons of water and is home to sharks like 9 foot sand tiger sharks, speedy sandbar sharks, whitetip reef sharks and ornately patterned wobbegong sharks.
Shark Week activities include:
- Shark Feedings - Watch from the safety of our 300 foot long Ocean Tunnel as sharks are fed overhead by a team of aquarists. Feedings in Shark Cove occur at 1pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Shark Talks - Get the facts about sharks and touch real shark teeth, jaws and other shark artifacts while watching giant sharks swim by in Shark Cove. Daily at 1pm and 6pm.
- Dive Show - Divers will build their own underwater LEGO® creations while swimming among the tropical fish and sharks. 11am and 1pm on Sunday and Saturday.
- Become a LEGO® Sea Explorer* during Shark Week - Find the aquarium’s newest shark, made out of LEGO!, and other LEGO creatures inside the exhibits.
- Snap a selfie with costume LEGO® Shark Suit Guy and SEA LIFE’s SharkySpecial appearances daily.
- Learn bricktacular tips as you create sharks at LEGO activity stations. (*LEGO Sea Explorer event runs now through Labor Day)