Duluth Huskies Hosting National Anthem Singing Auditions
The Duluth Huskies are looking for Nation Anthem singers for home games during the upcoming season. The 2018 season begins at the end of May, and their first home game at Wade Stadium is June 3.
There will be two rounds of auditions at Wade Stadium:
Saturday, April 14 from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Friday, May 4 from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Auditions will be held on a first-come, first-served basis. Any individual or small ensemble group is invited to participate in these free auditions. Performers with musical instruments are also welcomed to try out.
According to team officials, the preferred performance style is traditional military-style in 90 seconds or less.
Auditions will be based on the following criteria:
- Performer’s strong vocal or musical ability – Vocals must be acapella.
- Instrumental anthems are welcome but must be played through a microphone.
- Performer’s ability to sing or play from memory – Reading lyrics during audition or performance is not allowed.
- Performance speed – The song needs to be performed in 90 seconds or less.
- A traditional, military-style anthem
- Performer’s ability to also sing the Canadian National Anthem (Optional)
Singers chosen to sing during the Duluth Huskies season, which includes 36 home games, will be notified via e-mail.
Call (218) 786-9909 with any questions.