Minnesota State Parks a Great Option for Fall Color Driving Tours
It's the season to check out the fall colors, and a road trip is a great way to see Mother Nature at her most colorful. The Minnesota DNR suggests you drive through a Minnesota State Park.
Not all parts of the state change color at the same time, so here are a few state forests routes to consider at different times of the season:
- Finland State Forest heading northeast along County Road 7 from Finland.
- Bowstring and Blackduck state forests along state Highway 46 between Deer River and Northome.
- Pillsbury State Forest along Beauty Lake Forest Road between County Road 77 and County Road 1.
- St. Croix and Nemadji state forests loop. From Interstate 35, take exit #183 and head east on state Highway 48. Head north on County Road 24. Head east on County Road 24. At Markville, head north on County Road 31. Head west on Park Forest Road. At Kerrick, head south on state Highway 23 to Interstate 35 exit #195.
- Richard J. Dorer Memorial Hardwood State Forest has two good options. Along Zumbro Bottoms Road off of state Highway 60 southwest of Wabasha. Along state Highway 16 between Interstate 90 and state Highway 26.
You can also click the link below to access our Fall Colors Map, which gives you even more detailed information and great places to see the changing of the season.
Have a safe drive!