City Of Superior’s 2020-2040 Comprehensive Plan Ready For Review
The first draft is ready for review and you're invited to take a look! The 2020-2040 Comprehensive Plan for the City of Superior has been completed and now city leaders want your input.
A PDF of the document has been posted on the landing page for the plan that's located on the City of Superior's website. The 267 pages represent the vision that will be used to govern the community for the next twenty years. That plan will be "used to guide growth and development decisions".
The committee that put together the plan explains the goals of the twenty-year comprehensive plan:
- Encourages smart growth patterns that support community needs, the provision of efficient infrastructure, and local economic development
- Defines implementation actions that will help the city achieve its vision for the next 10 to 20 years
- Complements and supports other city plans and efforts
- Identifies an achievable plan vision, goals, and policies
- Helps preserve access to a high quality of life for Superior residents
- Provide(s) a holistic review of the city's systems
In addition, the overall goal of the plan is that it's "built from community input".
Generally speaking, the plan has five phases of action; total time expected for completion is 12 to 14 months:
- Phase 1: Community background
- Phase 2: Planning for the future
- Phase 3: Plan element analysis
- Phase 4: Plan development
- Phase 5: Plan adoption
According to the City of Superior, we are in Phase 4 and Phase 5 right now. Phase 4 sees development of a draft and final comprehensive plan; there will also be an opportunity to review and comment on the plan as it's finalized. And Phase 5 is the adoption of the plan by the Plan Commission and City Council.
So what can you do and how can you take part in the process? Take a look at the first draft of the Comprehensive Plan. Then, provide your feedback to the city and the committee for implementation.