Duluth Airshow Offering Flights Aboard a B-17 Bomber
The 2019 Duluth Airshow is coming and as the amazing event gets closer, more opportunities are being revealed and the excitement grows.
The Duluth Airshow recently used their Facebook page to offer this unique pitch:
Have you ever wanted to fly in a B-17 Bomber? We are offering rides in "Yankee Lady" this year and could very well be the only time a ride in this historic aircraft.
This opportunity will begin on Wednesday, July 17, 2019 and continue through Saturday, July 20, 2019. While the cost is substantial, it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
You can follow the link below to book your flight. Organizers recommend you keep these tips in mind:
- We ask that you please arrive about 30 minutes BEFORE your scheduled time and please dress appropriately for the weather. It is about 10-15 degrees cooler in the air than on the ground.
- It is also advised that you wear sneakers.
- Ear protection is provided, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- The flight offers ample time to move about the aircraft so each passenger can experience different stations during flight. The exception, of course, is that you cannot sit in the pilot or co-pilot seats, we try to keep them in their own seats.
- All sources of digital media are welcome aboard to capture your incredible experience.
- All passengers are required to sign a Release of Liability upon arrival.
- In the event the aircraft cannot fly (i.e. weather, mechanical issues, etc.), we will notify you as soon as possible and reschedule your Air Adventure.
The Duluth Airshow is scheduled for July 20 - 21. Keep listening for official Duluth Airshow updates and opportunities.