Free Masks August 5 At Hermantown Chamber Of Commerce
The Hermantown Chamber Of Commerce announced that they will be handing out free masks so that people can follow state-mandated rules.
According to a press release Wednesday, August 5th, from Noon until 4 pm or until they are gone, the Hermantown Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a mask distribution event The event will be in the City of Hermantown Administration parking lot at Hermantown City Hall on Maple Grove Road.
Wednesday, July 22nd, Minnesota Governer Walz issued an Executive Order for all Minnesotans to wear masks in public places and large gatherings. He also said he was hoping to get help and the backing of Chambers of Commerces around the whole state.
Hermantown Chamber of commerce has stepped up to the call for help to distribute more than four million masks across the state and the Chamber will be taking care of the Hermantown area.
The Hermantown Chamber listed this in their press release:
- The event will be held rain or shine
- Drive through Distribution, while supplies last.
- Masks are in boxes of 50, attendees can select one or two boxes.
- These are for businesses - for their employees and for customers so businesses don't have to turn away a paying customer.
- Individuals who do not have a mask should be able to get them at a business they patronize.
- The supply is not intended to get businesses through the COVID crisis, this is a small allotment to help as the statewide mask mandate is introduced. Businesses will need to work with their vendors to procure future supplies.
- They will be free, and because they were paid with tax-payer dollars, these masks are to be distributed to your employees/customers for free.
- You do not need to be a member of a chamber of commerce to receive masks, but the Hermantown Area Chamber of Commerce always welcomes new members.