It’s Arbor Day, Time To Celebrate the Health Benefits of Trees
Today is Arbor Day! Arbor Day is the last Friday in April, which helps kick off Arbor Month which runs through the month of May, and it's a great time to celebrate the health benefits of trees.
According to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, trees and forests provide numerous health benefits such as:
- Helping reduce skin cancer.
- Decreasing mental stress and promoting healing.
- Cleaning the air and reducing childhood asthma rates.
- Reducing stressful noises by 50 percent.
- Providing healthy fruits and nuts.
To help continue the celebration of trees through Arbor Month, the DNR invites everyone to take part in the #31DaysOfTrees.
Each day in May, just post a photo or video while getting a daily dose of trees on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Use the hashtag #31DaysOfTrees and include @MinnesotaDNR when posting to Facebook.
Click below to get complete Arbor Month details and related videos