Justin Jefferson Finalist for 2020 NFL Rookie of the Year Award
This news comes as no surprise to Vikings' fans that have watched rookie WR Justin Jefferson dominate in his first NFL season.
Jefferson has been announced as one of the finalists for the Pepsi Zero Sugar NFL Rookie of the Year Award (gotta get that sponsor name in there). The Rookie of the Year Award is voted on by the fans, here is how you can vote for Jefferson:
- Tweet Jefferson's first and last name, or his official Twitter handle @JJettas2, along with the hashtag: #PepsiROY - The Vikings were even nice enough to provide a copy and paste version to make it easy - Justin Jefferson #PepsiROY or @JJettas2 #PepsiROY
- Anytime before January 25th, go here and simply vote for Jefferson.
Jefferson finished his first NFL season with 88 receptions for 1,400 yards, 7 TDs, and he also surpassed Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin and broke the NFL rookie record for receiving yards, not bad kid.
Here is Jefferson's competition for the award:
- Justin Herbert, LAC - 4,336 yds passing, 31 pass TDs, 5 rush TDs
- James Robinson, JAX - 1,414 scrim. yds (1,070 rush yds), 10 total TDs
- Jonathan Taylor, IND - 232 carries for 1,169 yds (5.0 avg.), 11 TDs
- Chase Young, WAS - 7.5 sacks, 4 FF, 3 FR, TD
Jefferson is also the only offensive rookie named to the 2021 Pro Bowl. You can watch Jefferson get his Rookie of the Year Award during the NFL Honors broadcast on Saturday, February 6th.