Plenty Of New Food Items Await in 2019 at Target Field
The Minnesota Twins are back in action for the 2019 season and when you go to Target Field, be prepared for plenty of new food options.
The Twins, along with Delaware North SportsService unveiled the new items that are now available at the ballpark:
- Soul Bowl (section 120): Chef Gerard Klass is reimagining Soul Food for Minnesota. This local brand allows fans to create their own Soul Food experience. Combinations can include: Shaggy Yellow Rice, JR Jong Jerk Chicken, Rick Ross Smoked Mushrooms, Sade Sweet Corn, Biggie BBQ braised beef, #MPLS Mac & Cheese, and Jill Scott Greens.
- Boomstick (section 127): New designated hitter Nelson Cruz (aka “Boomstick”) makes his Target Field debut with the Twins, as will the famous two-foot-long hot dog named after him, topped with chili, nacho cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos.
- Craft Sandwiches (section 114): Grown-Up Grilled Cheese (smoked cheddar, provolone and marinated tomatoes, served on thick-sliced brioche). Philly Cheesesteak (shaved sirloin, peppers and onions, cheese sauce, served on hoagie bun). Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Candied Bacon (peanut butter, candied bacon, served on sourdough bread)
- Hot Indian Foods Vegan Channa Rice Bowl (section 120): Chickpeas simmered in a smooth tomato masala sauce, served over garlic rice and topped with a mango and apple slaw dressing in coconut milk and crispy papadums.
- Roots for the Home Team (section 101) Bollywood Smash Salad (roasted cauliflower and chickpeas tossed with sorghum, mint, raisins, and a bok choy slaw topped with sunflower seeds and served with a mango vinaigrette dressing). Northside Fresh Salad (black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, Brussel sprouts, serrano pepper, and currants topped with crispy wontons and pepitas in an avocado lime dressing).
- It's Greek to Me by Athena: Shareable boards consisting of chicken souvlaki skewers, Htipita feta spread, Tzatziki yogurt blend, pepperoncini, Kalamata olives, cucumber, variety of fruits and vegetables, pistachios, herbs and pita bread.
- Chicken & Waffle Cone: Chicken tenders, maple syrup and bacon, served in a waffle cone.
The Twins begin a seven game home stand Friday, April 12 with a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers. Whenever you go to Target Field this year, bring your appetite.