Scary Movie Filming In Duluth Seeking More Locals For Movie Roles
Are you looking for your big break? A Minnesota production company has some great opportunities for you.
In early March, news broke that a scary movie was going to be filmed in the Lincoln Park area of Duluth. The cool news is that they want you to be a part of it!
When the movie was initially announced, the production company putting out the movie was seeking a bunch of roles, both lead and supporting. They stated at the time that they wanted to cast locals in the roles if possible.
Now, nearly a month after news of the film first broke, the production company is seeking even more locals to fill lead, supporting and extra roles.
As of now, they are looking for locals for the following roles:
- A lead role for the role of demon. This person must be at least 5 feet 10 inches and able to move in an "off-putting" and creepy manner. The role offers a small stipend.
- A supporting role as Simon. The actor would be needed for five to six days and will be offered a small stipend. The actor should be male and between the ages of 65 to 85. The perfect person would have long gray hair and beard and will play the role of a man that is seen around town.
- A supporting role as Miguel. The actor must be male and between the age of 25 and 35. The role offers a small stipend and will be a one to two day commitment. Miguel is an annoying but kind friend of the lead role.
- An extra role as a waiter or a waitress. This is unpaid.
- An extra role as a diner server. This is unpaid.
- Extra roles as funeral attendees. Several extras are needed here and the role is unpaid.
- Extra roles to fill background space. This is unpaid.
If you are interested in any of the roles listed above, you should email THTFcasting@gmail.com with your resume, headshot and reel. You should also note the role you are applying for in the subject line. You will be given more details should you advance to the next round of auditions.
Filming on the movie will go from the first of May through the 22nd. According to a post by LZ Productions on their Facebook page, "lodging, meals and mileage compensation" will be offered to all those who take part in the film.
It should also be noted that more roles are likely to become available in the future. The movie is called The Hand That Feeds and will be shooting at the Caddy Shack in Lincoln Park. A release date has not been announced but we will be on the beat!
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 5th.