Superior Announces Fall Bagged Leaf Pickup Schedule
It's almost that time of year again. The City of Superior has released the details and the schedule for the 2021 bagged lead pickup. Similar to years past, the event provides a excellent opportunity for homeowners to dispose of the leaves they've raked up from their lawns.
Essentially, homeowners just need to rake their leaves, collect them up into bags, tie and secure the top. Then, they leave their bagged leaves out at the spot where their normal garbage collection takes place by 7:00 AM on the date that their neighborhood is scheduled for pickup. This years collection will take place on specific dates from November 1 through November 12. Click here to see the full and complete schedule.
There are some rules and details that you'll probably need to know. Here's a summary:
- All bags are to be tied at the top
- Bags must be in place at their usual garbage collection spot by 7:00 AM on the date that your neighborhood is scheduled for pickup
- Leaf bags are to be "clean" - that is free of other debris such as wood, paper, garbage, plastic, etc. Bags containing other debris will not be picked up and disposal will be the responsibility of the property owner
- Brush and grass clippings will not be picked up; homeowners are directed to bring these items to the landfill. It's free to drop off grass clippings and brush is charged at $8.00 per car, truck, or trailer load. A car/truck with a trailer full is charged $16.00
- Leaves can be directly brought to the Superior Municipal Landfill on Moccasin Mike Road year-round for free; in other words, while this pickup is convenient, there are always opportunities for proper disposal all year long
Additional questions about the fall bagged leaf pickup can be directed at the Superior Municipal Landfill. Call 715-398-7222 during normal hours of operation: 8:00 AM to 3:40 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Saturdays.