The Who, Bob Dylan + Roger Waters Post Videos Hinting That ‘Classic Rock Coachella’ Could Be Happening
It appears that the classic rock version of the Coachella Festival that was being rumored two weeks ago could be coming closer to reality. Although nothing has been officially announced, yesterday (April 29), three of the acts believed to be participating -- the Who, Bob Dylan and Roger Waters -- posted similar videos that suggested that something was brewing between them.
The 30-second teasers (embedded below) were all posted on their respective Facebook pages. Waters' showed his flying pig in black and white and slow motion over Pink Floyd's "Brain Damage." But the Who's and Dylan's featured archival footage over, respectively, "My Generation" and "Ballad of a Thin Man." After all three, the word "October" appeared. It should be noted that Dylan's video was cut to "Ballad of a Thin Man,' from Highway 61 Revisited. In other words, something is happening, but we don't know what it is. Do we, Mr. Jones?
Well, we may have an idea. Earlier this month, a report said that Goldenvoice Entertainment was looking to bring six classic rock artists to the Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif. -- where the Coachella Festival takes place -- from Oct. 7-9. In addition to the three listed above, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young are also believed to be involved in the three-day event. A week later, Roger Daltrey all-but confirmed the Who's involvement when he said, "I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day. I mean, it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it ... I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”
It has been suggested that each act's fee will be approximately $7 million.
Bob Dylan Albums, Ranked Worst to Best