Use These Tips To Snowmobile Safely Throughout The Season
It's Snowmobile Safety Awareness week and now that we've received a fresh dusting of snow, the Minnesota DNR reminds everyone of these key safety tips:
- Don’t drink and ride – alcohol and snowmobiling are a bad combination.
- Wear a helmet and proper clothing.
- Drive slower at night and be prepared for the unexpected.
- Check local trail and ice conditions.
- Cross with care.
- Avoid riding alone.
- Ride safe, stay on the trail and respect private property.
- Smart riders are safe riders – take a snowmobile safety training course.
Remember that all Minnesota residents born after December 31, 1976 must have a snowmobile safety certificate. Click here to find online and classroom safety courses.
The DNR reports that every year multiple riders are killed or injured while riding snowmobiles. Putting safety first can go a long way to prevent tragic accidents.
Follow the link below for even more safety tips.