Valentine’s Day Ideas (on the cheap)
I've compiled a short list of a few things you can do to try and romance up your Valentine's Day this year. Now I should point out that I'm no expert, I have no formal training, nor a degree of any sort, however, it doesn't take a genius to, well, search the internet and put it all together in a paragraph for you here. I've taken some of their ideas and a few of my own and here is what I came up with.
- Get a sitter. (That is, if you have kids, if not that would just be weird) Start looking like, now. Otherwise you'll have to keep them home, and wait until they go to bed, (whenever that is) then you're exhausted, and then the "mood" has passed.
- Make dinner at home, or order take-out from your favorite restaurant and arrange it on your nicest plates, all fancy like.
- Here's a dinner idea, instead of eating at the usual family dinner table, why not a fun picnic on the living room floor, surrounded by candles and flowers?
- Dessert: Chocolate. Anything, chocolate.
- Create a Barry White Pandora music channel. Even if you don't like his music, it might make you and your partner laugh a little, and you'll probably be sipping an adult beverage, and we know where that usually leads to am I riiiiight??? Ok I'm weirding myself out now.
The point of all this is, romance doesn't have to break the bank. It doesn't have to require hours of thought and preparation and stress. Except for the sitter part. If you'll notice, I never said all this had to be put on by the guy, this post is gender neutral. The imagined "burden" of romance falls to both parties in a relationship. Don't take this the wrong way guys, but it's the little things that really do matter in a relationship. That goes for you too ladies. Any good strong relationship just takes good old fashioned effort, every day, and alcohol from time to time doesn't hurt either, but that's just my opinion. If you want some more "ideas" you little freaks, just go to www.romancestuck.com.
Happy Valentine's Day! Good Luck my little snuggle bunnies!