Duluth’s Christmas City Of The North Parade 2021 Traffic Advisory
Friday, November 19th is the Christmas City Of North Parade, I have already posted up great places to park and easy access to the ramps and streets. This is a posting of the street closures and the timeline for the parade as laid out by the Duluth Police and City of Duluth.
People will be coming to Duluth using different roadways, you will need to be aware of when the roads close and some of the places you absolutely can not park. There are also some of the ramps that are offering free parking for the time of the parade.
ROAD CLOSURES FROM THE CITY OF DULUTH AND DULUTH POLICE:
- At 4:00 p.m., London Road will close to traffic from 10th to 14th Avenues East for a Parade line-up. Sections of 12th and 13th Avenues E. and the 1300 block of Jefferson Street will also close for the Parade line-up.
- Superior St. from 8th Ave. E. to 12th Ave. E. will close to traffic at 5:30 p.m., and Superior St. from 8th Ave. E. to 5th Ave. W. will close to traffic at 5:45 p.m.
- Michigan Street will close at 6:15 p.m. to all traffic, except for buses and local residents. Vehicles exiting Michigan Street lots and ramps during the closures will be directed to exit the area by driving south to the 5th Avenue West Off-Ramp.
- Due to construction this year, vehicles will not be allowed to enter the Fitger’s Ramp and Pickwick parking lots after Superior St. closes at 5:45 p.m. Vehicles will be allowed to exit these lots until 6:30 p.m. After 6:30 p.m., vehicles parked in the Fitger’s Ramp and Pickwick lots will not be allowed to exit until the Parade ends.
- Downtown traffic should return to normal by approximately 8:30 p.m.
NO PARKING AREAS:
- Motorists should be aware of the following no parking areas in Downtown Duluth and along London Road. Vehicles parked in these areas will be tagged and towed.
- No Parking after 10:00 a.m. at posted meters in front of the Pickwick Restaurant.
- No Parking after 12:00 noon at meters on the upper side of Superior St. near Fitger's.
- No Parking after 3:00 p.m. on:
- Both sides of London Road, from 10th Ave. E. to 14th Ave. E.,
- The upper side of London Road, from 14th Ave. E. to 17th Ave. E.,
- 12th and 13th Avenues E., from London Road to Superior Street,
- Jefferson Street, from 13th Ave. E. to 14th Ave. E., and
- The Rose Garden Parking Lot.
- No Parking after 4:00 p.m. on Michigan Street from 5th Ave. W. to 4th Ave. W.
- No Parking after 5:00 p.m. on Superior Street from 10th Ave. E to 5th Ave. W.
- DTA buses will use 2nd Street for eastbound routes. DTA buses will use 1st St. from 5th Ave. W. to 3rd Ave. E. and 3rd St. between 12th Ave. E. and 3rd Ave. E. for westbound routes.
JEFFERSON BUS LINES:
- Jefferson Line Buses will have access to the Duluth Transportation Center on Michigan Street to load and unload passengers.
- Eastbound Superior Street traffic will be detoured at 6th Avenue West to eastbound 2nd Street. Westbound Superior St. traffic will be detoured from London Road at 14th Ave. E. and from Superior Street at 12th Ave. E. to westbound 3rd Street. Tenth Ave. E. will be closed to traffic from 1st Street to Superior Street.
I-35, DECC, and CANAL PARK ACCESS:
- Lake Avenue will close between 1st Street and the Interstate-35 ramps on Lake Ave. Viaduct at 5:45 p.m. All Interstate-35 ramps at Lake Ave. will remain open during the Parade, but will only be accessible from the Canal Park side.
- Access to Canal Park, Park Point, and the DECC, will be via southbound 5th Ave. W. to Railroad Street. All Interstate-35 ramps at 5th Ave. W. will remain open.