Free Parking Available For Christmas City Of The North Parade
It's almost that time of year again! The Christmas City Of The North Parade is right around the corner (literally) and while it is a fun and amazing event, parking can be a bit tricky.
The good news is you won't have to battle it out for a spot. Downtown Duluth is offering up free parking for the huge event.
There is one catch: parking is free AFTER 5 p.m. so do not park somewhere before that and accidentally get charged!
Here are the ramps and lots where you can cash in on the free spots:
- Fourth Avenue Auto Park, located at 402 West Michigan Street
- The Duluth Transportation Center, located at 228 West Michigan Street
- The US Bank Ramp, located at 230 West Michigan Street
- The Civic Center Ramp, located at 410 West First Street
- The Tech Village Ramp, located at 10 East First Street
- The Medical District Ramp, located at 302 East first Street
- Fitger's, located at 600 East Superior Street
- The Phoenix Parking Lot, located at 98 North 4th Avenue West
- St. Luke's Hospital Ramp, located at 1020 East First Street
- St. Luke's Employee Parking Lot, located at 119 North 12th Avenue East
Parking meters will also be free of charge, but not until 5:30 p.m.
The parade will take on Superior Street, starting at Fitger's and continuing through Downtown Duluth to 4th Avenue West.
If you are planning on watching the parade, make sure you carve out plenty of time to get there and find a place to stand along this route. Superior Street will be closed beginning at 5:45 until about 8:30, according to Fitger's website.
The parade is completely free but if you don't feel like braving the cold, you can catch it live on KBJR.
This Christmas City Of The North parade is extra special because it's the 60th year.