Duluthians Asked to Use Road Sand Collection Sites
Spring cleaning in Duluth has begun and while street sweepers are collecting sand and excess road salt as quickly as possible, help from citizens would be appreciated.
If you are able to help by cleaning up road salt and sand from your sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, the City Of Duluth requests that you dispose of it at one of the road sand collection sites that are now set up around the city.
The collection sites are large, green, roll-off dumpsters marked with a sign. Sites are located at the following locations:
- Chester Bowl (near the playground)
- Duluth Heights Community Club Parking Lot
- Piedmont Community Center
- Wheeler Field (on your way to the back)
- Portman Community Center (47th Avenue East)
If this waste is not picked up before the spring rains, the sand washes into our streams and can damage trout habitat, so any help properly disposing of it is greatly appreciated.