Marcus Cinemas Reveal New Guidelines Ahead Of Reopening
Big news for movie lovers: it looks like a few of our local movie theaters will be opening their doors very soon.
Both Marcus Lakes 10 Cinema in Hermantown and Marcus Duluth Cinema announced on their Facebook pages Thursday (June 11th) that they plan to open soon. However, they did not give an exact date on when they will reopen for good.
Prior to opening, they wanted to reveal the safety measures they are taking so when they do open again, every movie goer feels safe coming to the theater. They laid out their plans online, breaking things down on what you can expect before the movie, during the movie and after.
As for what you can expect prior to the movie, here are a few things to note:
- Prepare to social distance and pack a mask, as they are encouraged.
- Purchase tickets and concessions online or in their mobile app.
Once you arrive at the theater, things will look a little different, including the following:
- Table service will not be available.
- The bar and lounge areas will have limited hours.
- Restaurants will only be open for limited hours and with increased safety procedures.
- Food will not be delivered to your seats.
- There will be two seats between groups and limited capacity.
- Bathrooms will have touchless faucets and soap and towel dispensers.
After the movie is finished, you are asked to do the following:
- Exit the theater immediately and do not hang out in the lobby.
- Throw away your trash.
- Maintain social distancing as you're leaving the theater.
As for employees, they will be wearing face masks and gloves and will complete a wellness check before every shift. There will also be plexiglass barriers between you and the employees.
In mid-March, movie theaters across the Twin Ports had to shut down operations temporarily amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will keep you updated on when Marcus theaters in the area plan to reopen.