Marcus Duluth Cinema Announces Reopening Date, New Policies
This is great news! Marcus Duluth Cinema is reopening - and soon!
The popular spot announced the news on their Facebook page Tuesday (August 18th) morning, writing that they would be opening their doors once again on Friday, August 21st.
Of course, there will be new safety guidelines and procedures amid COVID-19 coronavirus. The theater first laid out these guidelines earlier this year as they prepared to reopen to the public. Here are some new policies they will have in place:
- Masks are required for all customers except when eating and / or drinking.
- Plexiglass will be located in high-contact areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available across the theater.
- You must use the movie theater's mobile app to order concessions and pick up at a designated location.
- Bathrooms will now have touchless water faucets, soap dispensers and towel dispensers.
- There will be restroom attendants to encourage social distancing.
- Customers will not be allowed to loiter in the lobby prior to and after a movie and are asked to social distance while entering and exiting the theater.
- There will be two seats between groups inside of the theater.
- There will be a methodical cleaning and sanitizing process used across the theater throughout the day.
- Associated will have their temperature checked prior to their shift and wear a mask and gloves.
As mentioned, Marcus Duluth Cinema first revealed their new guidelines back in June, although they did not say when they were going to reopen at that time. You can read more on what policies they will have in place here.
Like so many other businesses, Marcus Duluth Cinema had to shut down operations back in mid-March as concerns over COVID-19 grew.